Full-Time Licensed Practical Nurse (Part-Time) (Local Government) – Columbia-Montour-Snyder-Union County MH/ID
We are looking for a motivated and dependable person to provide nursing services to consumers with serious and persistent mental illness meeting the eligibility criteria for such service and voluntarily agreeing to participate in this program. If you like the idea of helping people, CMSU would like to talk to you about helping us help others.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The LPN will work in the care and treatment of individuals with a mental illness. These consumers will be enrolled in CMSU Base Service Unit and will reside within the four-county catchment area.
This position required knowledge of both normal and abnormal human behavior and development, diagnostic and assessment skills, and the ability to effectively interact with consumers and other professionals in a clinic setting. Additionally, both oral and written communication skills, including clinical terminology including abbreviations and symbols are essential. Knowledge of mental illness including symptoms and appropriate treatment options are of special benefit to this position.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Part-time employment.
- Work hours are variable between 12:00 am to 12:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with a 30-minute lunch, 15-20 hours per week.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Necessary Special Requirement:
- Possession of a current Pennsylvania license as a Licensed Practical Nurse issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing; or possession of a non-renewable temporary practice permit issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
Condition of Employment:
- Employes possessing non-renewable temporary practice permits must obtain licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse within the one (1) year defined by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- You must meet the
. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the and click on Residency. * You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to
and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at . Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodations due to a disability, please discuss your request for accommodations with the interviewer in advance of your interview date.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Benefit packages are determined by the county and may vary. Please contact the applicable county human resource office directly to inquire about a specific benefit package.
56 total views, 2 today